The Code of Conduct applies to all people engaged by Hunter Homeless Connect Inc. to deliver its programs. This includes Volunteers, Coordinators, Contractors and Committee Members. The Code of Conduct:
• Provides practical, behavioural and plain English guidelines of what is expected of Our Team.
• Gives enough context that a reasonable person will understand what is acceptable behaviour, in the environments they might find themselves in.
• Establishes agreed essential standards of appropriate behaviour.
• Provides a shared understanding of the commitment expected of Volunteers, Coordinators, Contractors and Committee Members.
In my role as Service Provider with Hunter Homeless Connect Inc., I promise to:
• Treat all individuals with a sense of dignity, respect, and worth.
• Make a personal commitment to be non-judgmental about cultural differences, living
conditions and the lifestyle of each person with whom I work/volunteer and of those who are participating in programs or events coordinated by Hunter Homeless Connect Inc.
• Be courteous and polite in all of my actions.
• Avoid profane and abusive language and disruptive behaviour that is dangerous to self and others.
• Abstain from the use of photo, audio or video recording equipment unless given consent.
• Respect all confidential information. Maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving representing Hunter Homeless Connect Inc., whether this information involves a board member, service provider, volunteer, client or other person.
• Not to pressure anyone to accept my political, cultural, or religious beliefs.
Take Personal Responsibility
• Be dependable, recognising the commitment and responsibility expected of my assignment.
• Only accept assignment consistent with my interest, abilities and available time.
• Accept assignment with an open mind and a willingness to learn.
Approved by the Management Committee 23 February 2019 Code of Conduct
• Avoid conflict of interest situations and refrain from actions that may be perceived as such. Declare any potential, perceived or actual conflicts of interest as they arise to a supervisor, or in the case of Committee Members, to the Chairperson.
• Shall not act in a way that may bring the organisation or another of its volunteers, Coordinators, Contractors or Committee Members into disrepute.
• Not use, possess, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs at any time while carrying out work for Hunter Homeless Connect Inc.
• Abstain from all illegal activity.
• Wear appropriate clothing that is suitable for the work environment that does not contain offensive or objectionable material.
• Follow safe workplace practices, including participation in applicable orientation sessions, using appropriate personal safety equipment and reporting accidents, injuries, and unsafe situations.
• Report suspicious activities to the appropriate legal authorities and a supervisor. Terms of Agreement
• I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct
• I agree to carry out my role to the best of my ability, and in the case of Volunteers, according to my rostered hours, at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator/s
• According to my role, I agree to contact a Volunteer Coordinator, Supervisor or Board Member as early as possible if circumstances prevent my being able to attend an event, shift or meeting as planned
• I agree not to talk to the media or make public or social media comments about incidents or operational matters either during or after an event