Vacancy (Volunteer Position)
Hunter Homeless Connect Inc. Management Committee
Event Volunteer Coordinator
'Building an inclusive community with zero judgement'.
Hunter Homeless Connect Inc. is a volunteer not-for-profit organisation that coordinates an annual Hunter Homeless Connect Day event and the Connecting the Hunter Program. The organisation is run by a management committee made up of skilled volunteers from the community including NFP, homelessness and corporate sector. The committee meets once a month, for approximately an hour for ongoing governance, and annually for a planning session to set strategic goals. Individual members and office bearers have specific responsibilities which align with the strategic plan and ensure the successful delivery of the organisation’s goals.
Hunter Homeless Connect Day links people experiencing homelessness to vital services such as accommodation, housing, health and well-being, legal and financial assistance, employment and education services, and other general support.
We are seeking a highly organised person to join our Management Committee with specific responsibility for Event Volunteer Coordination. In addition to the general duties of association Management Committee members, the primary purpose of this role will be recruiting and managing our volunteers for Hunter Homeless Connect Day.
Hours will vary during the year and required time commitment will increase closer to the event:
February to June - approx. 1 - 2 hours per week
July and August - approx. 4 - 5 hours per week
Wednesday 7 August - full day (8 hours) for the event itself
The Event Volunteer Coordinator will also be required to attend the monthly Management Committee meetings.
Volunteer Coordinator Responsibilities for Hunter Homeless Connect Day Event
- Monitor volunteer registrations via Better Impact (online database)
- Collect information on availabilities and skills via online registration process
- Communicate with volunteers as they register and ensure they have read the Code of Conduct, have received an Information Pack and are briefed on what to expect on the day of the event etc.
- Ensure Working With Children Checks are current.
- Assign responsibilities and tasks to volunteers based on skills and experience.
- Arrange group induction sessions prior to and on the day of the event.
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed in the lead up to the event and on the day of the event.
- Oversee volunteer activity on the day of the event.
- Communicate with volunteers post event.
The successful person will possess the following skills/attributes:
- Passion for our mission - delivered with empathy, confidence & engaging energy.
- Cultural awareness and integrity - respect for others and confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills - communicate effectively with diverse groups and manage relationships.
- Strong organisation skills - maintain accurate data.
- Positive attitude - goal-orientated and solution focused.
- Professionalism and discretion - dealing with all contacts demonstrating both qualities.
- Commitment and availability - able to dedicate appropriate time to the role as indicated above
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria. Applications close 17 April 2019.