Facts about homelessness:
- There are about 400 young people who are homeless, couch surfing or car sleeping in the Hunter every night.
- Primary homelessness is experienced by people without conventional accommodation (eg. sleeping rough or in improvised dwellings)
- Homelessness is also experienced by people frequently moving from one shelter to another or staying in accommodation that falls below minimum community standards.
- More than one in six Australians aged 15-24 are living in poverty.
- In 2014, 2.99 million people (13.3% of the population), were living below the poverty line, after taking account of their housing costs.
- Every day, half of the people who request immediate accommodation from the homeless service system are turned away.
- Two in every three children and 80% of families are turned away.
- There are 1300 homeless assistance services across Australia.
Fundraise For Us
Create an online page in your next event, personal challenge or celebration for Hunter Homeless Connect.
Online Fundraising is fast and easy with no cash collection and no worries. Click here to get started and watch your fundraising effort grow.
Hunter Homeless Connect Inc relies on donations to provide our services. Every donation makes a difference.
If you would like to make a donation to support the work of Hunter Homeless Connect Inc, please visit our "Give Now" donation portal, to make a secure, tax deductible donation.
To make a payment/donation via PayPal, please click here.